Today, in between applying for jobs I wanted to take a break and give my fans (mom and aunts) a new update. I have always wanted to create decorative chocolates, but those require molds and chocolate transfers and more money than I have to spend. So I watched a few tutorials on truffle making and found a simple and inexpensive recipe.
Using one pound of chocolate chips and one cup of heavy whipping cream I created a delicious ganache to use for my truffles.
1. Bring 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a boil
2. Slowly pour the cream into one pound of chocolate (you can use chocolate chips or break chocolate into small pieces)
3. Let the chocolate and cream sit for one minute
4. Begin to slowly whisk the chocolate and cream together, stirring only in the center of the bowl
5. After a few minutes of whisking the mix will become a rich and velvety dark brown ganache
6. Cover the ganache with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least one hour
7. Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the ganache and form into balls
8. Roll the balls in a topping to finish them; cocoa, sugar, cinnamon or finely ground nuts
I separated the ganache into five separate bowls. Into each bowl I added fresh ground pistachios, pumpkin spice, cayenne pepper, mild curry or pure mint extract.
1. 1/4 tsp mild curry powder/ rolled in coconut
2. 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper/rolled in cocoa powder
3. 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice/ rolled in crushed graham crackers
4. 1/8 tsp pure mint extract/rolled in cocoa powder
5. 8 finely crushed pistachios/rolled in crushed graham crackers
The truffles were a successful experiment!