I just wanted to share this amazing recipe! This so far is one of my top recipes. It takes quite a bit of prep work (ie. cutting vegetables) but the flavor is exceptional and not one ingredient goes unnoticed. I bet you’re wondering where the lo mein comes in? Because I can’t eat noodles, the shredded cabbage is cut into thin strips that resemble the shape and size of the lo mein. When the cabbage strips are cooked, they even resemble the texture of soft noodles.
Here is the prep, (from back to front) Almonds, Ginger, Garlic, Green Onions and Celery
1 lb Chicken, diced
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup water chestnuts
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 tablespoon minced Ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups broccoli
2 cups shredded cabbage
2-3 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
2-4 tbsp Coconut aminos
Sesame seeds to garnish (I didn’t have any)
- Clean all vegetables and trim fat from meat.
- Cut broccoli and chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Thinly slice 2 cups of cabbage (about half the head of cabbage).
- Chop almonds, green onion, celery; mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat wok over high heat.
- Add sesame oil, swirl to coat bottom of wok/pan, then add meat.
- Cook meat for 3-4 minutes, until mostly cooked.
- Add in broccoli, water chestnuts, celery and cook for 2 minutes
- Add in almonds, cabbage, ginger, green onion and garlic.
- Add a splash of coconut aminos (2-4 tbsp).
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until cabbage softens. I put the lid on the pan and let it simmer.