Blondes really do have more fun…
Nothing says I love you more than fresh baked, warm and ooey-gooey, tummy pleasing, super indulgent desserts!
Thats just what I made for my wonderful boyfriend to celebrate our one year together…which flew by so fast, I feel like I just met him.
Butterscotch and Chocolate Blondies
- 3/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 tbsp/1 stick butter (I used I can’t believe its not butter)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- About 1 1/2 cups butterscotch and chocolate chips (1/2 bag of each)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (or walnuts)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8×8 glass baking dish. (If using a 9×13 baking dish, reduce the time to 25-30 mins)
- Melt the butter in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir sugar slowly into the butter until smooth, let cool slightly.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until a smooth batter forms, Add in the chopped almonds.
- Pour the batter into the dish and spread evenly. Cover with chocolate and butterscotch chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before slicing into perfect portions. I know it will be hard but wait until they are semi cooled before cutting or they will crumble into a big chocolate butterscotch mess…which when placed in a bowl with a giant scoop of ice cream on top might not be that bad after all!
Hot and Fresh from the Oven!