Today, I discovered a lonely banana on my counter. I am not sure why, but almost every week there is one banana that made it past the point of edible…which isn’t that far for me. I don’t like bananas unless they are all yellow, no brown spots! Bananas with brown spots are only good for one thing to me, banana bread! This recipe from Dessert for Two is perfect for two people or just enough for one very hungry person!
- 1 medium/large over-ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (you can add 1-2 tbsp more if you like sweeter bread)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ or wheat bran
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a small loaf pan with cooking spray
- Mash banana in a bowl with a fork. Next, stir in the butter, sugar and honey until well mixed. Add the egg york, mix well. Sprinkle in flour, wheat, baking soda and salt. Gently fold in walnuts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick is clean. I like to serve mine with a pad of butter and drizzled in honey!